Re: AAT: I just rediscovered my news filter

Phillip Bigelow (
16 Oct 1995 12:15:54 -0700

>David Froehlich <> wrote:

>>From my (admitedly biased) standpoint, it is not that evidence has not
>>been used to show the AAS is impossible (how about implausible, that is
>>probably a better word), but that the evidence has not been accepted by
>>the AAS faithful.
>> attempted:
>Well, without wishing to offend you, biomechanicists can prove that it is
>impossible for bumblebees to fly, which is all I really meant by the
>earlier comments about objections ringing true.

Yes, but the GOOD biomechanicists can SHOW that it is possible for a
bumblebee to fly. The biomechanicsts that prove that bumblebees can't fly
probably shouldn't get tenure (although we all know they do anyway).