Re: Creation or Evolution

Matthew Hill (mhill@watarts.uwaterloo.ca)
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 13:50:04 GMT

In article <Elizabeth_Vining-2504951044030001@i308-22-lciii.smoky.ccsd.k12.co.us>,
Elizabeth Ann Vining <Elizabeth_Vining@shhs.ccsd.k12.co.us> wrote:
>Why ask a question that may never be answered?? Well because I feel that
>there is just a slight possibility that creation as a theory may be true.
>Why would people spend so much time and money on proving it wrong if they
>weren't afraid that it is possible.. Thank you for your
>time..
> Elizabeth A. Vining

Because Elizabeth, that is what scientists do. They try to
disprove theories. In this case so much effort is spent because
an implausible notion keeps getting repeated on no new grounds
as an alternative to well supported theories.

While I admit that creation can sound attractive, are you
familiar with the concept of infinite regression?

Matthew Hill (MHILL@WATARTS.UWATERLOO.CA)