Bterr (
3 Aug 1996 12:50:21 -0400

No. You should have a Ph.D. in anthropology with a specialization in
cultural resources management/archaeology. Jobs with the USFS will be
very hard to come by and be very competitive. You will be lucky to reach
a GS-11 or 12 after 20+ years, so be prepared for low pay.

In short, this is not a good time to invest in a specialized education for
a career in government. You might think of taking a different career
track, or at least doing cultural resources management for industry.