Re: Modern Neanderthals?

Domingo Martinez-Castilla (agdndmc@mizzou1.missouri.edu)
Sun, 20 Oct 96 18:04:52 GMT

I find extremely amusing the willingness of some people of European descent
to find in themselves so-called Neandertal traits. Why not, as I proposed in
this very newsgroup several months ago, carrying out a true study on
anatomical characteristics of people in areas where Neandertals have been
found (I mean, dead ones)? Why nobody, even a little seriously, attempts
that?

It is always "I knew one guy that..." or "I do have this funny browridge...",
but never "there is this population,,," or even family.

Or may it be a strong desire to be descended from something not African?

Just wondering. By the way, I do have hair in my head and holes in my nose.
Are those Neandertal's traits?

Your truly HSS,

Domingo.