Re: Speciation-how do you know?

Phillip Bigelow (bh162@scn.org)
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 19:03:26 -0700

Magnus Sterky wrote:

> >I would add that modern European humans did a pretty good job of wiping
> >out modern North American humans within the last few centuries.
>
> True, yes. Still, cross breeding existed and exists. What is the
> probability for a scientist in 50.000 years or so from now to find these
> indiviuals to prove it?

In a way, you are suggesting the same thing....but
just from another perspective.

One of the most effective ways to eliminate a race is to
interbreed with it.
In this case, relative "superiority" has nothing to do with
the extermination. The extermination of a pure bloodline
could be accomplished through the two groups meeting on common
(read "compatible") ground.
There is a lack of *convincing* physical evidence for this
early mixed morphotype, although previous posters
(H. Erwin, I believe) noted that some articles have made
that claim.
<pb>