Re: post from Holloway

C:DEMONSPOOLMAIL (DPCHAN@kentroad.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 11:22:26 GMT

In article: <hubey.814589860@pegasus.montclair.edu> hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu (H. M. Hubey)
writes:
> >Does that place them lower on the scale?
>
> Yep. See the definition.
>
> >So,intelligence is the criterion of evolutionary advancement?
>
> Show the something that's more highly correlated with "complexity"
> or whatever it is that evolution moves towards.

Evolution moves towards "complexity"? So, who is more advanced, me or the bee hive in the woods
down the road? If the earth's temperature jumped by 30 degrees Celcius, who'd survive? Not
many vertibrates, I'm prepared to bet. Probably a few "primitive" organisms at the bottom of
the Marianas Trench. Complexity is a rather arbitrary measurement of evolution.

--
David Chan (DPChan@kentroad.demon.co.uk)
There is a subliminal message hidden in this sentence.