Re: AAT: I just rediscovered my news filter

ROBERT SAUNDERS (rdcsaunders@its.dundee.ac.uk)
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 15:51:56 GMT

In article <45ttvr$95@scotsman.ed.ac.uk> jamesb@hgu.mrc.ac.uk writes:
>From: jamesb@hgu.mrc.ac.uk
>Subject: Re: AAT: I just rediscovered my news filter
>Date: 16 Oct 1995 15:33:15 GMT

>David Froehlich <eohippus@curly.cc.utexas.edu> wrote:

>>From my (admitedly biased) standpoint, it is not that evidence has not
>>been used to show the AAS is impossible (how about implausible, that is
>>probably a better word), but that the evidence has not been accepted by
>>the AAS faithful.
>>

>Well, without wishing to offend you, biomechanicists can prove that it is
>impossible for bumblebees to fly,

Actually not really true. There was some discussion about this on a newsgroup
recently, but I cannot remember which one... Supposedly the "proof" neglected
to take into account the fact that the insect wing's shape changes during the
wing-beat.

Robert