Re: post from Holloway

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
10 Oct 1995 00:48:40 -0400

David Froehlich <eohippus@curly.cc.utexas.edu> writes:

>On 9 Oct 1995, Alex Duncan wrote:

>> >I've tried and tried but I can't seem to post to the group. I've noted
>> >Hubey's scoffing at all the refs someone kindly put out for him, and his
>> >arguments and posts get sillier and sillier. I've now decided to use the

I think I've begun to make my point :-). Please tell Dr. Holloway
to put me in his killfile. That would make his life a lot
easier :-)..

>> >Ralph Holloway

>Yeah!! Another convert to the ignore him and maybe he will actually read
>the primary literature so he might actually begin to be intelligable
>school.

That's great. Another guy waiting to the way of the dinosaurs :-)..

>Ps. Does anybody know if he is related to Archimedes Plutonium????

No. Plutonium is his nom de guerre :-)..

If you had any common sense you'd check out my home page and
get your answers there.

But that's OK. Now let me tell you a little story.

In the olden but not so golden days, one day a mystic
walked into an inn, and startle to enthrall the audience
with his stories of cosmic consciousness, being one with the
universe, etc etc. Everyone was just amazed, and nobody
could dispute with him because they didn't even know
the meaning of some of the words he used.

Our hero, who happened to be sitting by the fire wasn't
so sure. He said, "I think I know what you mean. A fish
saved my life once!"

The mystic was amazed. He asked if they were traveling
in the same direction and asked if they could travel
together. After a few days, he remarked; "Well, now that
we know each other a little better, maybe you can tell
me about that experience with the fish."

"Ahem" said our hero "now that I know you a little better
I doubt that you will profit at all by what I have to
say. Yes, the fish saved my life. I was lost during one
of my travels and caught a fish in the river and ate it."

Put me in your kill file. You have nothing to profit by
what I have to say. You are a memorizer, and a pretty
ignorant and pompous one at that. YOu should know how things
work, and your place in the scheme of things. YOu will have
no problems after that.

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey