Re: AAT:A method to falsify

Thomas Clarke (clarke@acme.ist.ucf.edu)
9 Oct 1995 13:08:56 GMT

In article <451p13$799@henson.cc.wwu.edu> n8010095@cc.wwu.edu (Phillip Bigelow)
writes:

> Modern-day humans' habitat is terrestrial. Morgan's "aquatic
> ape" is *ecologically-linkied* to the shore.

I think a very strong case can be made that modern-day humans are
*ecologically-linked* to the shore.

> Big differences.

Probably not.

> Try being less than 100 pounds, naked, hairless, wading and sleeping on a
> windy beach/sandbar for your whole life......will you suffer debilitating
> hypothermia from time to time? We don't know. No one has done the
> calculations.

Do we know that Lucy weighed less than 100 pounds? If fat Lucy a
possibility? Can't you tell seomthing about stresses and so forth by
looking at muscle/bone attachment points? From stresses you could
infer body weight.

> There is no living animal that is hairless, 100 pounds or less, with 12 %
> body fat that is aquatic or semi-aquatic. None. Not even in warm tropical
> waters.

You must not have children yet. Watch children frolicking at the beach.

Tom Clarke