Re: Mistaken post

Sat, 30 Apr 94 13:25:52 GMT

In article <2pq3q4$> (5121 Student 09) writes:

>First you say you're not going to post anything else about AAT.
>Now you're posting 2 or 3 per day.

What can I say. Your posts convinced me to change my mind.

>First you say _there is no savannah theory of hominid evolution_.
>Now you're posting supportive argument for it.

There is no "savannah theory." There are numerous hypotheses
about the evolution of bipedalism that I think are interesting.
Most of them involve the savannah. One does not. Since we know
that by 4 million years ago hominids were living on the savannah
any explanation or interpretation of human evolution must
incorporate savannah life. Even Morgan admits this.

As you yourself have pointed out, I have not posted, nor have I
defended a particular scenerio. I have posted repeated criticisms
of Morgan's Aquatic Ape "Theory" and your somewhat watered down
version of it because, unlike some of the other scenerios I have
mentioned, it is entirely speculative, encourages folks to remain
ignorant of a truely scientific approach to human origins and
demonstrates no connection with evolutionary biology.

>First you post a whiney, pathetic, flame-bait of a post.
>Now you want everyone to ignore it.

As I explained, I wrote the post, realized it was inappropriate and
tried to cancel it. I made a mistake. If that is not a sufficient
explanation for you, then there is nothing more I can offer.

>I think you're in serious need of a vacation.

Find a graduate student at this time of year who is not in serious
need of a vacation. At least you have finally said something I
can agree with.

Of course, with folks jumping on me for being too aggressive and
confrontational, you could have remained polite and retained the
moral high ground. Too late now.

Philip Nicholls "To ask a question,
Department of Anthropology you must first know
SUNY Albany most of the answer."