Re: Large animal extinctions: extinction-ex-astra

cyberguy (cyberguy@IntNet.Net)
Sat, 06 Jul 1996 21:15:13 -0700

rTimo Niroma wrote:

> In article <31DDBF4D.3852@earthlink.net>, p3voices <p3voices@earthlink.net> says:
> >(snips)
> >Of course i understand that the Tungukan event was not a small black hole
> >- I was mainly trying to show how far some people can go in trying to fit
> >(snips)
> >Telescope about 4 months ago. There still is a lot of debate over what
> >caused it, with a "loose" stony meteorite or a small cometary fragment/
> >nucleus being leading contenders.
> >p3
>
> There was a very thorough investigation of the Tunguskan event a couple of years
> ago.
>
> The results were published in great detail in Scientific American either in 1995 or
> in 1994.
>
> The team that did this job came into the conclusion that the older theory, based
> only on the meteorite's "easy" explosion in the atmosphere in the 7-8 kilometers
> height, would prefer a cometary debris.
>
> We today however knows, that the core of a comet is solid rock, it is not a "dirty
> snowball" as it earlier was believed to be.
>
> The team has after very careful analysis showed that the extraterrestrial was a
> stony meteorite or a small stony asteroid, to be more precise.
>
> Timo----------------------
I have done more than one research paper on Tunguska. I recommend the
book And the Fire Came By as well. Sorry to have to tell you but the
official Russian research concluded that it was a nuclear explosion.
There were TWO over flights, and the first one changed direction away
from populated areas. There was the inevitable mushroom cloud, and
radiation, trees fried on one side only (Heroshima like charing) and
right under ground zero only the tops of the trees were snapped off. This
ONLY happens with nukes as far as we know. And of course it was not an
anti matter meteor because of the hight of the final explosion. How big
would a chunk of rock (anti rock?) have to be to survive a plunge through
the atmosphere to something over a mile up? Just as they did in
Heroshima, they triangulated the detonation point. Also, there were
microscopic metal fragments in the soil - radiation pattern in the soil
too. The guy the Ruskies sent to investigate Hero happened to have been
on one of the original investigators sent to Tungusaka site. There was an
additional investigation later. Sooo... all is not what it seems on this
planet. The biggest cause of extinctions on this planet by observation is
MAN. We have gone from caves to Space shuttles in 10,000 years. How many
times can that happen in several billion years? Personally (and this is
more or less in fun) I am waiting for someone to announce the finding of
a coke bottle in a geological discontinuity - or some ancient beer can.
After all, if you dig down under 7 8 9 mud hut 'civilizations' in the
middle east, you find green glass - as in Trinitite.