Re: BETTER than the SUPER BOWL (MacRae vs. Conrad)

Claudio De Diana (sniper@tep.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de)
9 Jan 1997 08:57:22 GMT

Dear Everybody,
I want to point out that the entity formerly known as
edconrad@prolog.net (and also edconrad@postoffice.ptd.net)
has lost his account for "Usernet abuse",
"Harassment","Flame bait" and "Receiving of Multiple complaints".
Of this we have a proof written by Ed Conrad himself, now
transformed in edconrad@sunlink.net, as it is explained in the
following post:
------BEGIN OF POST ONE ----------------------------------------------
Subject: BETTER than the SUPER BOWL (MacRae vs. Conrad)
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 07:02:49 GMT
From: edconrad@sunlink.net (Ed Conrad)
Newsgroups: sci.anthroplogy, sci.anthropology.paleo, sci.archaeology

[snip]

The fact is, Andrew, Prolog (PenTelData based in Palmerton, Pa.)
had terminated my services -- unjustly and quite improperly when all
factors are taken into consideration.

Joann Norwood, Customer Service, informed me in an Email dated Nov.
27, 1996 that it had been receiving ``multiple complaints from users
of our service . . . from sci.groups . . . of harassment. Please
review the FAQs before posting . . .
``Any further complaints will result in the immediate termination of
your service. Please contact this office if you have any questions."

[snip]

Lo and behold, two weeks went by and I received a snail-mail letter
from Prlog, dated Dec. 13, 1996, in which Ms. Barwood wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Termination of Account #007790
User Name: Ed Conrad

Dear Mr. Conrad:

This is to advise you that your above referenced account has been
terminanted for the following reasons:
Usernet abuse;
Harassment;
Flame bait;
Multiple complaints have been received.

Please contact our office if you have any questions regarding this
matter.
_______
[snip]

-------END OF POST ONE ----------------------------------------------

People new to the subject could wonder who is Ed Conrad
and why his former provider has received so many complaints,
this, unfortunately, is very clear to people like me that,
having a simple newsreader, are not able to set a killfile or
a filter whatsoever. In short words, Ed Conrad
has found a specimen that he pretends to be a "human bone
as old as coal" - given the age of the strata in which
he found the specimen this finding would be quite
important, if confirmed (please do notice the use of "if").
On the location:
http://www.geo.ucalgary.ca/~macrae/t_origins/carbbones/carbbones.html
is presented an analysis performed by Andrew MacRae about the
same specimen, this page contains an ample review of the subject
so it is not the case to summarize it here.
What is worth to do is to present (edited for brevity and with
'^^^^' and '====' added to find out the important parts)
a new post by Ed Conrad himself about a third party analysis
about his (Conrad's) finding.