Re: America's White Injuns

Gayle Swanson (vikey@vnet.net)
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 14:33:46 -0400

God dag, god dag! :)

You're right ... I was born in Scania (Skane) and know that the winters
there were sometimes milder than what we have here in the central parts
of North Carolina. The mountains would be more like around Stockholm -
colder, maybe more snow. No guarantees, though, for skiers.

Even Iceland was not much worse, which seems hard for most to believe.
Living on the prairies (Winnipeg, Manitoba) makes it all too easy to
understand what the Great Plains tribes lived through, and still do.
ICY COLD, WINDY as all get out, and ... well, often dangerous.

Gayle