Re: Waking up covered in dew

Mark Brian Muller (muller@vibes.ae.utexas.edu)
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 17:17:29 -0500

Paul Crowley wrote:

> The point is that at some point hominids began using animal skins
> as clothing and/or covering at night. From then on they did not
> need to re-grow their hair (although my own Celtic ancestors made
> a pretty good attempt). So _prior_to_the_adoption_of_"clothing"_
> there must have a long period ( >100 Kyr) of pure nakedness.

Why does there have to be a "gap" between the loss of hairiness and
the adoption of clothing and/or blankets? Why couldn't hominids only
become hairless as the began to use blankets at night, or, similarly,
they began to use blankets as they lost their hair?

Mark Muller University of Texas at Austin
muller@vibes.ae.utexas.edu Dept of Aerospace Engr and Engr Mech