Re: Waking up covered in dew

Paul Crowley (Paul@crowleyp.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 15 Aug 96 10:37:21 GMT

In article <4utbi7$rr1@hecate.umd.edu>
th81@umail.umd.edu "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr." writes:

> Or they covered themselves with vegetation at night, much as other
> anthropoids do today? Granted, you lose the big broadleaf plants as
> you leave the tropics, but that doesn't mean they didn't use some form
> of vegetation blanket at night.

Other anthropoids don't cover themselves. Chimps and female
gorillas make nests in trees by folding over branches; but they
rest *on* them. Big male gorillas rest on a similar "nests" on
the ground.

In any case, I can't see a "vegetation blanket". Not unless it
is carefully "woven" with rushes or lianas or the like; then it
becomes a possession to be carried around.

Paul.