Re: Civilization and Evolution

Tom Tadfor Little (tlittle@lanl.gov)
Mon, 05 Aug 1996 15:59:30 -0600

Turbo17930 wrote:

> "Civilization", as commonly understood, is a negative evolutionary trait.
> Specifically, I mean that the modern world of man is a recessionary
> biological
> trait, and will eventually result in Man's disappearance from earth.
>
> Example? Resource use. Only a blind fool fails to recognize that humanity
> is
> consuming the finite resourses available to us. What then?

_Not_ consuming the finite resources available results in the
disappearance of a species with great speed: the process is called
starvation.

;)

I take your point, but the jury is still out on this one.

Tom Tadfor Little tlittle@lanl.gov -or- telp@Rt66.com
technical writer/editor Los Alamos National Laboratory
Telperion Productions http://www.rt66.com/~telp/