Re: Screaming match at the AAPA convention

cc3265@albnyvms.bitnet
15 Apr 1995 23:35:21 GMT

In article <3mnoka$93j@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, layne1914@aol.com (Layne1914) writes:
>No, but if you learn anything of it please relay to me.
>
>He visited my university on a lecture tour, which I could not attend, and
>everyone who went had nothing but bad things to say about the man. And
>this was from people who were genuinely excited about his discovery and
>success.

I assume you are referring to Johanson? I heard there was some antagonism
over his Institute of Human Origins going into -- I can't recall where now,
sorry -- and removing fossils. I think it was someplace in Africa? Anyway,
someone commented on this during one of the talks and Johanson denied it
later in the talk he gave at a luncheon.