Re: the word shaman

Ruby Rohrlich (rohrlich@GWIS2.CIRC.GWU.EDU)
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 17:05:14 -0500

It's a fact that in Italy (perhaps in Spain and Spanish-speaking
countries) women who have a doctorate are called "doctoressa," and
"professoressa," but we're
having enough trouble with Anglophones without taking on Italian (and/or)
Spanish speakers, too. And are you making it up, about that "doctress"? Ruby