Re: UNSUBSRIBE ME

Thomas W. Rimkus (trimkus@COMP.UARK.EDU)
Mon, 13 Mar 1995 08:55:29 -0600

On Mon, 13 Mar 1995, Sue Watkins wrote:

> I have tried to take myself off this anthro list repeatedly. I want you
> to please take me off it now, otherwise I am just going to change
> carriers. It seems as though I am not the only one who is not satisfied
> with your service. Not very good PR.

Maybe those who find the RJ issue too much beneath their professional
dignity should climb higher into the tower. The issues raised in this
debate/fistfight might very well be central to the future of anthropology
as a discipline:

Who gets to define the forum?
What are the appropriate methods of debate in a cyberworld?
Etc.

It is all up in the air now that we are in a world defined by this new
technology.