Re: Declaration of Indigenous Peoples on Genome Project

John Hoopes (HOOPES@KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU)
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 09:09:42 -0600

I didn't see the original post, but I'm in complete agreement with Ania's
comments. I have a feeling many archaeologists would be sympathetic with
this postion. We must acknowledge that our feelings about what is
"natural" are highly subjective, and lose meaning outside of particular
cultural and historical contexts. We can debate the merits of different
points of view, but we cannot make objective, absolute statements
about what is "right" outside of specific cosmologies.