Re: terminology

Mike Smith (mike@UNICAAT.YORKU.CA)
Thu, 13 Jan 1994 09:11:23 -0500

On Wed, 12 Jan 1994, George Ulrich wrote:

> We are doing a student exhibit this semester on a body/art/alteration
> theme. Does anyone have a PC term for "mutilation" and "deformation?"
> Is it important to circumlocute? What do ya'll think?
I believe those participating in such things refer to them as decoration
or enhancement. but why mince words? Call a spade a bloody shovel.