Re: Leeches (Re: Metric Time (was Re: Why not 13 months? (Was La Systeme Metrique))
Dave Ratcliffe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 23:11:05 GMT
In article <1995Oct12.email@example.com>, "G. Merrill Dodge" <MDodge@slcpo2.slc.unisys.com> writes:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Illtud Daniel) wrote:
- >No they haven't. There's a leech farm in South Wales which is doing
- >very nicely thanks.
- True, true. They are used in the reattachment of severed limbs/digits. It
- seems that the leeches prevent the buildup of fluids at the healing site
- that would otherwise eventually impede the healing and allow gangrene to
- start. And since the leeches used are free of harmful pathogens, they are
- useful in this regard.
- Still, it does seeem kind of creepy. What next? Bleeding?
Maggots to eat away necrotic tissue. It's already being done.
Dave Ratcliffe email@example.com