Re: Creationists win the schools in New Mexico

Wesley R. Elsberry (welsberr@orca.tamu.edu)
7 Sep 1996 07:22:28 GMT

In article <50qo9h$p3o@nic.umass.edu>,
John Rice Cole <JRC@frost.oit.umass.edu> wrote:

JRC>The judge did not allow any experts to testify, so Cooper Cole and
JRC>the others made NO claims in the trial--about ANYTHING.

No experts were allowed to testify *in front of the jury*. However,
Maynard M. Metcalf did take the witness stand on July 15th, 1925.

Statements from experts were read into the trial record.
The list of those whose statements went into the transcript
is:

Charles Hubbard Judd
Jacob L. Lipman
Fay Cooper Cole
Wilber A. Nelson
Kirtley F. Mather
Maynard M. Metcalf
Winterton C. Curtis
Horatio H. Newman

>Wesley R. Elsberry (welsberr@orca.tamu.edu) wrote:
>: In article <50l9hd$onp@access1.digex.net>,
>: Herb Huston <huston@access.digex.net> wrote:
>: >In article <32276B2E.D84@madison.tec.wi.us>,
>: >George Cooper <gwc2406@madison.tec.wi.us> wrote:
>: GC>At the trial, Clarence Darrow held up the tooth of an extinct pig and
>: GC>claimed that it was from Nebraska Man!
>
>: HH>Full bibliographic reference, please.

[actual snip happened here, where I stated that I had seen no such
statement by Darrow or anyone else in the trial transcript]

--
Wesley R. Elsberry, 6070 Sea Isle, Galveston TX 77554. Central Neural System
BBS, 409-737-5222, 1:385/385, ANNs, GAs, Alife, AI, evolution, and more.