Re: DISCOVER/Neanderthal/Homo Sap.

erin rebecca miller (ermiller@quads.uchicago.edu)
Thu, 7 Sep 1995 03:20:11 GMT

In article <42gvpr$6du@nnrp3.primenet.com>,
Peggy Hall <phall@primenet.com> wrote:
>H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu) wrote:
>: phall@primenet.com (Peggy Hall) writes:
>
>: >: disagree and argue that Neadertals did evolve into modern humans.
>
>: >It is fairly well-established that Neanderthals did not evolve into
>: >modern humans.
>
>: Where is that established. How about Trinkhous and Woloff[sp?]?
>
>It has been established through dentition. Neanderthals had some
>peculiar characteristics which do not show up in other species. there is
>also no evidence of mixing using dentition that I'm aware of.

Can you please cite that? I've never heard of it and certainly would like
to hear more about that.

-erin

(sorry if some of these posts are old, it looks like my commercial
provider is being flaky on the news end)

--
"On the internet nobody knows you're a dog ...
but damn if everyone won't know what your cat looks like." -fatz

Erin Miller http://www.tezcat.com/~ermiller/erin.html
University of Chicago / Anthropology Department / ermiller@tezcat.com