Re: Neanderthals' Noses Blow Scientists Away

Yousuf Khan (ykhan@achilles.net)
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 13:36:51 GMT

On Sat, 12 Oct 1996 12:02:58 -0700, "Aurelius M." <cicero9@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>In an excellent book "The TIME BEFORE History, Colin Tudge, believes
>that Man and Chimp may be able to produce offspring. It would be
>quite suprizing if Neanderthals and Moderns could not mate. Just
>look around there are many in todays population that have
>Neanderthal
>Features

Observing people informally at a major league baseball game, I've seen
sloping foreheads, large hairy brows, lack of chins, etc. To me it seems
almost inconsequential that these features exist in modern times, yet it
seems consequential that some people would have us believe that these are
primitive features of some other precursor species, not just normal
differences in looks.

Yousuf Khan

--
Yousuf J. Khan