Fish for brains. was Re: Guide for anti-AATers

Bill Burnett (bbur@wpo.nerc.ac.uk)
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 10:33:21

In article <45o2fu$2gl@scotsman.ed.ac.uk> jamesb@hgu.mrc.ac.uk writes:

>2) Where did our ancesters get the extra Omega 3 fatty acids needed in
>the diet for brain growth? From the marine food chain, perhaps? I'll give
>up on this if you manage to find one human being with a normal,
>functioning brain who has never eaten any seafood.

Hi James...

What are you suggesting? That all herbivores are, in fact, brain dead? That
anyone who didn't like fish as a kid is retarded? Hmmmm. Your tear shedding
elephants have pretty decent sized brains, not many fish in their diet. A lot
of my friends with PhD's are vegetarian, some life-long. Their brains seem to
work okay. Whether they're normal is, of course, open to interpretation. :-)

Scratch one. (IMHO)

Bill