Re: Aquatic ape theory

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
14 Oct 1995 01:37:45 -0400

r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu (David L Burkhead ) writes:

> The trouble is that regaining hair is relatively simple (in
>evolutionary terms). For one thing there is a _lot_ of variation in
>human hairiness. Thus, there's plenty of variation for natural
>selection to "work with."

They'd have to be low level animals in order for that to
happen. They can cover up to decrease conductance so there's
no reason to gain their hair back. If you are talking about some
time period when they were still too unintelligent to be able
to do this, I'd assume you'd have to go back at least before fire.

And finally the initial reasoning is wrong. IF A, THEN B, doesn't
imply that, IF not-A, then not-B. We already went through
this.

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey