Re: Guide for anti-AATers

Alex Duncan (aduncan@mail.utexas.edu)
15 Oct 1995 01:50:48 GMT

In article <45o2fu$2gl@scotsman.ed.ac.uk> , jamesb@hgu.mrc.ac.uk writes:

>2) Where did our ancesters get the extra Omega 3 fatty acids needed in
>the diet for brain growth? From the marine food chain, perhaps? I'll give
>up on this if you manage to find one human being with a normal,
>functioning brain who has never eaten any seafood.

More AAT "logic."

So, humans are the only animals that need Omega 3 fatty acids for brain
growth? Sea food is the only source for this material? What do other
animals use in place of Omega 3 fatty acids (e.g., elephants have very
large brains -- in absolute terms -- they must therefore eat a lot of
seafood).

Alex Duncan
Dept. of Anthropology
University of Texas at Austin