Re: AAT:A method to falsify

David L Burkhead (r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu)
10 Oct 1995 13:14:28 GMT

In article <hubey.813299262@pegasus.montclair.edu> hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu (H. M. Hubey) writes:
>r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu (David L Burkhead ) writes:
>
>>>So what? Look at Easter Island.
>
>> What _about_ Easter Island? What are the water temperatures there?
>
>Isolated niche.

The _question_ was about humans ability to deal with long term
immersion. You responded with "Look at Easter Island." Your "isolated
niche" comment is irrelevant to the question at hand. Looks like
you're ducking the issue . . . again.

>> Primarily isotope ratios in oxygen (which can be determined from
>>samples). This has been both theoretically and experimentally to be
>>tied to global temperatures.
>Isotope ratios in what? rocks, corals, ice?

Yes.

>How has it been theoretically tied to global temperatures? Are
>you talking about the Milutinovic equations? How about the
>experimental verification? Don't tell me someone jumped on a
>time ship and went back a few million years to check out
>the temperatures? How many years have humans been keeping
>track of temperature anyway?

Why don't you go ask a geologist? Or better yet, learn some
geology? It may come as a shock to you, but experts in the field
usually _do_ know what they're talking about.

>The rest deleted as usual. It's too long. Keep it short and
>to the point.

Translation: You don't want to deal with it. I've noticed that
tendency a lot.

David L. Burkhead
r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu
d.l.burk@ix.netcom.com

--
Spacecub - The Artemis Project - Artemis Magazine

Box 831
Akron, OH 44309-0831