Re: AAT:A method to falsify

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
10 Oct 1995 00:30:59 -0400

r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu (David L Burkhead ) writes:

>>So what? Look at Easter Island.

> What _about_ Easter Island? What are the water temperatures there?

Isolated niche.

> Primarily isotope ratios in oxygen (which can be determined from
>samples). This has been both theoretically and experimentally to be
>tied to global temperatures.

Isotope ratios in what? rocks, corals, ice?

How has it been theoretically tied to global temperatures? Are
you talking about the Milutinovic equations? How about the
experimental verification? Don't tell me someone jumped on a
time ship and went back a few million years to check out
the temperatures? How many years have humans been keeping
track of temperature anyway?

The rest deleted as usual. It's too long. Keep it short and
to the point.

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey