Re: Hair and AAS

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
8 Oct 1995 21:04:48 -0400

David Froehlich <eohippus@moe.cc.utexas.edu> writes:

>Remember testability is the hallmark of science.

If you want to pursue this line try some philosophy of science
newsgroups.

>Note that when the diving reflex was held up to this question it failed.

It only fails if binary. The variables are not binary; there are
degrees of the reflex and it clearly hasn't failed.

We need more info.

>Implication) diving reflex is a primitive feature for all mammals

Possible. What needs to be done is to test the degree of the
reflex against all sorts of variables, and nobody has shown
that anything of the type has been done.

Conclusion: inconclusive.

>So, what testable observations does AAS make and how does it explain the
>evidence better?

It's a story like the SST. And the pieces of evidence point to
it as well as the savannah. I find it easier to believe the AAT
than the savannah.

BTW, what was the environment of where Lucy was found ? WAs
there a big lake there at one time, and forests?

>Remember that testability is the hallmark of scientific endevour.

EXplain this more clearly so we are sure that you mean what
we think you mean.

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey