Re: AAT:A method to falsify

H. M. Hubey (hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu)
6 Oct 1995 01:46:08 -0400

r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu (David L Burkhead ) writes:

>>It would depend on the temperature of the water.

> Sorry, but when I took SCUBA training, one of the things we
>learned is that there is _no such thing_ as "warm water diving." Even

There's nothing wrong with what I said. Heat flows from hot to
cold. If the water temperature was 98.6 there'd be no heat loss.
If it was hotter, the ape/man/humanoid would overheat. If the
water was cooler but the air outside was hotter, he'd have to
switch between the two.

>tropical surface waters cause chills, exhaustion, and hypothermia in a
>few hours. The human body shows _no_ adaptation to deal with the kind
>of long-term immersion that AAH would require.

1) we aren't talking about 1995
2) you can switch back and forth rapidly enough to spend many hours
in water and yet keep the body temperature constant.
3) Even cattle know enough to find high ground around noon to get
breeze to keep cool. I've seen it.

> This is in the _warmest_ of waters. It only gets worse from
>there. Well, there is one possible exception. If the aquatic ape

Is it 1995?

--

Regards, Mark
http://www.smns.montclair.edu/~hubey