Re: AAT Theory

David L Burkhead (r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu)
2 Oct 1995 19:56:15 GMT

In article <DFu1sJ.3ED@inter.NL.net> ghanenbu@inter.nl.net writes:
[ 8< ]
>Richard Byrne (Oxford Univ.Press,1995,p.156) in "The thinking ape" writes:
>"Chimpanzees regularly display at leopards,which show a healthy fear of
>them.In some West African areas,chimpanzees use branches as weapons with
>which to attack leopards;even lions,much bigger than leopards,are followed
>with interest and subject to aggressive display by chimpanzees".

Ah! Then there must be more overlap between chimpanzee habitats
and lion habitats than I had been aware of. (My experience with
chimpanzees centers mostly around the more forest bound ones.)
Arigatoo.

David L. Burkhead
r3dlb1@dax.cc.uakron.edu
d.l.burk@ix.netcom.com

--
Spacecub - The Artemis Project - Artemis Magazine

Box 831
Akron, OH 44309-0831