Re: complexity

Alex Duncan (aduncan@mail.utexas.edu)
13 Nov 1995 13:42:33 GMT

In article <hubey.816063917@pegasus.montclair.edu> H. M. Hubey,
hubey@pegasus.montclair.edu writes:

>>I suspect most of us would not have a problem with the idea that humans
>>are behaviorally much more complex than other organisms. The problem
>
>You're getting funnier and funnier Alex.
>
>Look around you. Most of what you see attests to the
>behavioral complexity if humans.

Did you actually read what I wrote? What part of "WOULD NOT HAVE A
PROBLEM WITH THE IDEA THAT HUMANS ARE BEHAVIORALLY MUCH MORE COMPLEX"
didn't you understand? Perhaps I should have said "the behavior of SOME
humans is more complex than that of other animals. However, the behavior
of others is so simple as to be almost predictable."

Now might be a good time to learn about the "cancel article" function of
your newsreader.

Alex Duncan
Dept. of Anthropology
University of Texas at Austin