Re: Predation

Troy Kelley (tkelley@hel4.brl.mil)
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 00:29:55 GMT

Subject: Re: Predation
From: J. Moore, j#d#.moore@canrem.com
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 95 11:13:00 -0500
In article <60.3980.7295.0N1FCB11@canrem.com> J. Moore,
j#d#.moore@canrem.com writes:

>TK> Well, the reference said "Salt water crocodile is actually a
mis-nomer".

>You've already forgotten the extensive and well-supported posts on
>crocodiles from this past summer?

No... I haven't forgotten the "extensive" .. ahh "well-supported?" posts
on crocodiles from this past summer. Have you forgotten? Let me remind
you then. Your actual post was:

Indopacific Crocodile (*Crocodylus porosus*)
Habitat: Commonly encountered in marine habitats, the common names
Estuarine or Saltwater Crocodile are, however, misleading since this
species is often found in freshwater habitats such as large rivers and
lakes.

J. Moore (j#d#.moore@canrem.com)
Wed, 21 Jun 95 18:58:00 -0500

Your post said that the name was misleading. That is what I said in my
original post.

It is interesting that in that lengthy post on predation, and the concept
that there might be habitats that do not include crocodiles you pick this
one little thing to quibble over. I guess this is all you coul come up
with.

Troy.