Re: Creation or Evolution

Slieve M'Daid (ifjed@nmsua.nmsu.edu)
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 19:42:25 GMT

In article <3nk7c6$k4h@access4.digex.net> huston@access4.digex.net (Herb Huston) writes:
>From: huston@access4.digex.net (Herb Huston)
>Subject: Re: Creation or Evolution
>Date: 25 Apr 1995 21:24:22 -0400

>Talk.origins added to Newsgroups; followups restricted to talk.origins.

>In article
><Elizabeth_Vining-2504951044030001@i308-22-lciii.smoky.ccsd.k12.co.us>,
>Elizabeth Ann Vining <Elizabeth_Vining@shhs.ccsd.k12.co.us> wrote:
>}Why ask a question that may never be answered?? Well because I feel that
>}there is just a slight possibility that creation as a theory may be true.

>What is the theory of creation?

>-- Herb Huston
>-- huston@access.digex.net

There is no such thing as the "theory of creation". Creation is a religious
belief that is neither verifiable or rejectable. Creation is, therefore,
not an appropriate topic for a sci group. Evolution, on the other hand, has
for most of its existence, like creation, been hard to verify, but
evolution was always rejectable until we reached the point at which we had
enough evidence to consider it to be a general truth. And specific
evolutionary hypotheses are still rejectable.

Jack