Re: FAQ material (was: Professor's address)

Aaron M. Rosenberg (amr14@columbia.edu)
10 May 1994 21:56:00 GMT

In article <2qoab0$9su@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>
claird@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (Cameron Laird) writes:

> Why don't more USA-resident academics know this? 'Beats
> me; it strikes me as fundamental knowledge. Mr. Lehv,
> there's something wrong if you're paying Ivy League
> tuition, and you're not in contact with a reference
> librarian, professor, or even teaching assistant there
> at Columbia who can advise you on these matters.

Frankly, Mr. Laird, we all believe that there is something wrong with
"ivy-league" tuition, these days. As a student with more than his
share of loans, I believe that a simple recommendation for an appendage
to the FAQ was sufficient.

It most certainly was not necessary for the excessive commentary on the
faults of being an physical anthropology undergraduate with a small
faculty. As it was never a matter of issue, a simple reply to the
question would have been acceptable.

If you have only a few "nice" or helpful things to say, then perhaps
the extraneous criticism could be eliminated.

As a note, the information was offered by one of the mentioned
resources long before you apparently read your mail...
Aaron M. Rosenberg
Columbia University, N.Y.

"If you put tomfoolery into a computer, nothing comes out but
tomfoolery. But this tomfoolery, having passed through a very
expensive machine, is somehow ennobled and no-one dares criticise it."

-P. Gallois