Re: comparatiive paleochemistry?

Phillip Bigelow (bh162@scn.org)
Sun, 30 Jun 1996 19:41:54 -0700

Lynndel Humphreys wrote:

> Are there any books on the comparative permeability of minerals into various fossils ie. comparing petrified
> wood and dinos?

There is plenty of information on this subject, but unfortunately,
the info is not presently accumulated into a single source.
I recommend you start your search by looking up papers
on the subjects of taphonomy, diagenesis, sedimentology, and
on ground-water geochemistry, and how these processes interrelate
with bone chemistry. The on-line geological database
of published work, "GeoRef", would ease your search considerably.
<pb>