Re: Which Colleges for grad program?

Alex Duncan (aduncan@mail.utexas.edu)
22 Jul 1995 02:08:16 GMT

In article <Edda1995Jul21.002144.26336@news.compulink.com> Annette Smith,
asmith@idirect.com writes:

>>I am interested in attending graduate school within the next year and
>>would like to know what schools have reasonable graduate programs in
>>anthropology. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
>
>I'm looking for the same in physical anthopology
>
>also greatly appreciating
>
>Annette

Do you know specifically what area of physical you want to study? If
not, then you need to pick a school w/ a broad coverage, like SUNY Stony
Brook, or Duke. If you do have a specific area you want to study, read
some articles by people who work in that area, pick one whose work you
like, and go to whatever school that person is at.

If anyone picks on me about the preposition "at", you'll receive a fiery
response.

Alex Duncan
Dept. of Anthropology
University of Texas at Austin