Re: prime numbers and African artifact

Michael Jennings (
15 Jul 1995 14:41:27 GMT

In article <>,
Ron Hunsinger <> wrote:
>In article <3u5qf7$>,
>(Michael Jennings) wrote:
>> The reason that one is not a prime number is because virtually
>> all theorems in mathematics based on prime numbers do not make sense
>> if we include it. What's more, they _cannot_ be made to make sense
>> if we include it.
>They can be made to make sense. It's just that it's messy to have to keep
>saying "prime bigger than one" everywhere instead of just "prime".
Okay. Fair enough.

Michael Jennings
Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics
The University of Cambridge.

"Forrest Gump!! Man, I violently *hated* that reactionary piece of subtle
pseudohip drivel... Then again, I don't even like movies. But Jesus -- a
movie that really makes the audience wish they were obedient and stupid??
What gives?? It's like something out of the depths of a Stalinist purge."
- Bruce Sterling