Re: you bickerers about pyramids, your Bible theories disgusts God

Charlie Rigano (crigano@bdm.com)
11 Jan 1997 15:52:21 GMT

gilgamesh@cyberconnect.com (Gilgamesh) wrote:

>There was no mortar used to build the Great Pyramid.
>Who the hell would use mortar when you can cut rock perfectly to fit.
>And what good would mortar serve on a 2 ton slab of rock.
>Now the casing may have contained mortar, but I am not sure.
>Please be more specific with your source on this mortar.

Gil - please do alittle research. There was mortar used to
construct the GP and there was dating done on the mortar
that produced dates slightly older than the dates
identified for the building of the GP. The mortar was
probably used more to fill spaces and to act as a
slippery surface than to hold pieces together. There is
another dating project in process now. Sorry I don't have
the sources here at work with me and I cannot be more
explicit.

Additionally, there was mortar used to construct every
pyramid I saw - I saw all the Dynasty 3, 4, and 5 pyramids.

On the fine cutting of the rock. If you go into Al
Mamoun's hole in the GP you will see the interior core
blocks and you can readily see that the precession of the
cuts on the exterior blocks does not carry through to the
core blocks.

Charlie