Re: SUPER BOWL champions of scientific SUBTERFUGE

August Matthusen (matthuse@ix.netcom.com)
Sun, 05 Jan 1997 14:25:40 -0800

Ed Conrad wrote:

> [...]
> >> it in -- leaving talk.origins.
> >>
> >> I can only wonder why.
> >
> >Nothing to wonder about. Andrew announced that he finished his degree and
> >is out hunting for a job. What's your excuse Conrad?
> >>
> >> Another thing, Andrew, I don't think you were fair in concealing
> >> the fact -- in all of our dealings, pro or con, over many months --
> >> that you are NOT a full-fledged professor of earth sciences at the
> >> University of Calgary.
> >
> >More piles of excreta from Conrad. Andrew announced many months ago who
> >and what he was, unlike Conrad. Since MacRae announced that he will not
> >see these posts, Conrad is certainly taking advantage of an empty field
> >to try and score points!
> >
> >Henry Barwood
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Boy, are you a dreamer!
> I am referring to your sarcastic comment: ``Conrad is certainly taking
> advantage of an empty field to try and score points!"
>
> Henry, you certainly should know I will never ``score points" in
> talk.origins, etc., because, sad to say, I have long realized I am
> bucking heads with the reigning SUPER BOWL champions
> of Scientific Subterfuge.
>
> Meanwhile, you certainly remember -- how can you possibly forget? --
> that I had accused Andrew on several occasions of having produced
> fraudulent test results, while he was still with us.
>
> His total lack of experience examing petrified bone may be the primary
> reason he had come up a pound light and a dollar short ``testing" my
> two specimens..
>
> You also should recall that I had complimented Andrew for his hard
> work in preparing such good-looking web pages but, in the same breath,
> informed him in no uncertain terms that his official conclusion was
> totally incorrect.
>
> It may well be that Andrew was unable to identify the cell structure
> of petrified bone in my specimens because he lacked the knowledge
> that the petrification process causes the surrounding structure of the
> Haversian systems to disappear, leaving only the Haversian canals.
>
> In his adamant denial of this scientific fact, Andrew MacRae was
> wrong, he IS wrong and he forever will be wrong.
>
> I have not changed my tune and I never will. The two specimens he had
> examined in his laboratory at the University of Calgary are indeed
> petrified bone.
>
> I can only wonder, if Andrew had previous experience examining the
> cell structure of petrified bone, would he have been honest enough to
> admit that the cell structure of my specimens was strikingly similiar?
>
> Sadly, I strongly doubt it!
>
> Meanwhile, Henry, I strongly doubt that Andrew had done as you insist
> he did, having ``announced many months ago who and what he was"
> (a grad student, not a member of the faculty).
>
> If you can produce evidence -- a posting -- that Andrew had done so
> since I first joined the Internet last March -- ``many months ago" --

Looking forward to your apology:

[BEGIN QUOTED POST segment]
Article 34 of 96

Subject: Re: ED CONRAD's E-MAIL to Andrew MacRae (re: His colossal
mistake)
From: macrae@geo.ucalgary.ca (Andrew MacRae)
Date: 1996/06/03
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Article Segment 1 of 2
(Get All 2 Segments)

[Newsgroups trimmed to talk.origins. I can not see the relevance to
most
of these other groups until some new data is presented.]

In article <4orkfi$3e7@ns2.ptd.net> edconrad@prolog.net (Ed Conrad)
writes:
> This is a copy of an E-Mail I have sent Andrew MacRae of the
> University of Calgary

I am not "of the University of Calgary". I do not represent
the
University of Calgary in any capacity. My opinions are not theirs, and
vice-versa. Please do not represent me that way. My affiliation is
only
as a student.

[END QUOTED POST SEGMENT]