Re: fossils and pseudoscience

Phil Nicholls (pn8886@csc.albany.edu)
19 Jan 1995 12:48:05 GMT

In article <3fkbhc$597@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
Pat Dooley <patdooley@aol.com> wrote:
><< deletions >>
>>
>>And the part about there being better qualified than any
>>anthropologist was "merely making" what point exactly?
>>
>Just that zoologists have studied a wide range of animals
>and are better placed than anthropologists to comment
>on comparative evidence. Anthrpologists, after all, focus on
>man in particular rather than animals in general.
>
>Pat D

Some anthropologists, like myself, focus on primates in general.
My interest is in Prosimians. Any particular zoologist will
focus on one particular species and reserve no particular
training in comparative anatomy beyond the typical comparative
vertebrate anatomy class, which I have also had.

--
Philip "Chris" Nicholls Department of Anthropology
Institute for Hydrohominoid Studies SUNY Albany