Re: 30,000 year old Homo erectus

T&B Schmal (schmal@firstnethou.com)
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 11:18:33 +0000

In article <01bbea0a$2df31ae0$0a8d93cf@worldnet.worldnet.att.net>, "Eugene
Kriegsmann" <Eugenek@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> I am amazed that in a Paleoanthropology BB there is no mention of the
> Science article that appeared on Thursday describing the finding that
> certain of the Java specimens of Homo erectus are as recent as 30,000 years
> old.

At first I was amazed, too. Experts in this group are forever digging up
the most obscure findings to support their positions - you would think a
famous "Science" publication would get some creative juices going.
Perhaps the reason no one has commented is that no one has previously
staked their reputations on a position that the new finding would
support. Therefore it is useless.

Tom