Re: Questions: meat, siberian land bridge, horses in the new world

Jeffrey L Baker (jbaker@gas.uug.arizona.edu)
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 21:53:53 -0700

On 11 Dec 1996 morphis@niuhep.physics.niu.edu wrote:

> >And have they decided yet whether or not to
> >stop teaching the well-known falsehood that Native Americans came from
> > Siberia
> >over the "land bridge" ? And are they still teaching that horses were
> > imported
> >to America by the Europeans...?

These are arguments advanced by a Native American scholar Vine DeLoria
(in a book titled Red Earth, White Lies).
They are generally not given much credence in professional anthropology
circles.

> Urk! I haven't heard even a hint that either of these is seriously
> challenged in professional anthropology circles.

Jeff Baker