Re: Polar Bear Challenge for AAH opponents

loopy (lmm5@cornell.edu)
Wed, 07 Dec 1994 02:55:01 +0700

In article <3c2g5q$7l6@newsbf01.news.aol.com>, sircpu@aol.com (Sir CPU)
wrote:

> I would challenge the opponents of AAH could look at the skelaton of a
> polar bear and compare it to the skelaton of a black bear and identify
> which one is the "aquatic" animal.

If you gave me a polar bear skeleton (or even a carcass with flesh) there
is no WAY I would claim it was aquatic. It might be true but I would have
no ground to stand on. As Phil Bigelow (more or less) said, arguing about
an unprovable hypothesis may be fun but it is a waste of scientific time
and energy.

If you can't know something, you can't argue for it.

Lucie
lmm5@cornell.edu