Re: Creationists win the schools in New Mexico

Bob Michaelson (rmichael@nwu.edu)
26 Aug 1996 20:47:38 GMT

In article <4vskf4$pnu@bubbla.uri.edu>, rgq101@uriacc.uri.edu says...

>mycol1@unm.edu (Bryant) wrote:
>>
>>'Sad to announce that the New Mexico state gov has decided to exclude the
>>teaching of evolutionary theory in state schools, in favor of creationist
>>curricula.
>>
>> I thought the supreme court had dealt with this horse shit. I find it
>>very disturbing that "politically/religiously correct" biology will now
>>be taught in my state in place of the science of biology.
>>
>> Is biblical Algebra next?!
>>
>>Bryant
>>

>Is this really the way it sounds? Or is it limited to human evolution
>(which would IMO be bad enough)? And since I'm sure (or at least I hope)
>there will be challenges, is there a time frame for its implementation?
>
>Details, if they available, please!
>
>Susan

I suspect that in the not too distant future there will be details
at the web site of Americans United for Separation of Church and State:
http://www.netplexgroup.com/americansunited/
(Unfortunately nothing on this news at present).

Bob Michaelson
rmichael@nwu.edu