Re: Waking up covered in dew

Gotschall (comsec3@worldnet.att.net)
Sun, 18 Aug 1996 18:34:25 -0700

Paul Crowley wrote:
As one reviewer summed it up, 'The weather broke,
> the light went, and Julian Pettifer nearly died of exposure.'
> It would not have been a good time to explain to Mr Pettifer
> that his ancestors had shed their fur to make them better fitted
> to survive in these conditions."
>
> From: "The Scars of Evolution" (1990) Elaine Morgan, page 60.
>
> The surprising thing to me is that the author apparently accepts
> that a recent and substantial part of our evolutionary history
> was, in fact, spent in such a habitat.
>
> Paul.

Thanks again everyone for the input, it has been enlightening. I should
know better by now but I am surprised that cold appears to be a critical
factor in this problem. Paul, your last statement kind of threw me
though. I took it to mean that you disagreed with the savanna idea. If
so I would be interested in hearing your views.
Hob.