Re: Susan's question on A. africanus and H. habilis

Holly Reeser (reeser@flmnh.ufl.edu)
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 15:45:05 -0400

Susan S. Chin wrote:

> For the sake of discussion, what are some of these characters which
> africanus and habilis share, which afarensis does not?

Susan: Sorry about the date I got that mixed up. I had just reread the
original article on A. ramidusaand it was still in my mind. My goof.

As for the synapomorphies I will have to fish out a paper from my Human
Evolution class so give my a little time. I do remember that the
information came from Klein's book "The Human Career" and he referenced
another paper. I'll get it together and get back in a few days.
Holly