Re: Dissecting the Aquatic Ape: Bipedalism

Phillip Bigelow (bh162@scn.org)
9 Aug 1996 19:51:13 GMT

Paul Crowley <Paul@crowleyp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I suggest that paleoanthropologists have, once again, let
>themselves be fooled by a taphonic bias.

In typical Crowley style, you have again failed to realize that
paleontologists DEFINED the concept of taphonomic bias, not AAT-supporters.
Elaine never mentioned this concept in her books on the AA,
and until we brought the subject to your attention here on
this newsgroup, neither did most of the other AAT-supporters,
who by my reckoning, don't bother to read highly technical
academic research written by paleontologists in the first place.
<pb>